Sunday, May 26, 2019

Narrative Warfare: The Attack on Memory

Today I went to Fort Snelling National Cemetery to visit my father, my great uncle Kenneth, and my maternal grandfather Hans. It's the first time I'd been out there since I'd been hospitalized, so walking around was--as I expected--more tiring than it had been previously; that happens when you lose part of a leg and have to relearn how to walk.

Cemeteries, like funerals, are for the living. Their purpose is to solemnize the inevitable and connect the present to the past in the most fundamental way, by connecting the living of a family to their dead predecessors. Parents tell their children the stories of the dead, passing on family lore in the most primeval manner, while observing all the other families doing the same thing. They may not articulate it, but there is recognition of similarity in noticing that everyone's doing the same thing. If you want one of the fundamentals of a culture's--a nation's--existence, it's in things like this.

This is why it cannot be ignored when someone organizes an attack on the continuity of culture that things like cemeteries, funerals, and the common trappings therein--tombs, grave markers, statues, etc.--because this is what it aims to do: sever the link between past and present, atomizing nations by dissolving the ties that bind them together, and finishing the job by gaslighting them as to the truth. (Mary Beard, looking at you, you blasphemous, heretical, seditious and treasonous fraud.)

The story we tell ourselves about ourselves is fundamental to maintaining our distinct presence as a nation, and these attempts to sever the past and gaslight us as to the truth are nothing more Narrative Warfare campaigns--campaigns of sedition and treason via fraud--and all of these protest campaigns are schemes to do just that.

I've had enough of it. I forbid it in my presence, and I urge you to do likewise; punish them severely when you catch them, because they won't cease their forked tongue ways otherwise. The Servants of the Lie serve Empire, and Empire Must Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment